I discovered last summer that I love to repurpose old windows! They add interest and charm to any wall. With some easy steps you can too!
- Find a window and scrub it down! This one had no glass.
- This one had some cracked glass. Be sure to wear goggles and gloves. I placed this over the garbage can and put an old rag on the glass to prevent spraying glass. Lightly tap to remove glass.
- Pull out existing glass with gloved hands and pliers.
- Remove any chipped paint or window putty and paint!
- Here I used a wood stain on top of the dried paint.
- And sanded with my orbital sander.
- Finished product 🙂
- Some other windows I have done.
- Putting in chicken wire is a bit more difficult and I need my husband to help. (Tutorial to follow)
- Remember, “If I can do it so can you!” and HAVE FUN!!